Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Now that's what I'm talking about...

but not for long!

I got good news yesterday! I'm only having the lower jaw surgery. No upper!! AND the hospital called to say my insurance is paying 80% of the hospital charges! I'm so excited!!! This is significant for a few reasons. 1. I was originally told that my insurance wasn't covering anything. 2. Upper would have doubled the surgery cost. And 3. I'm told the recovery for lower is easier than for both. Same length of time for recovery, but I'll have an easier time.

I'm getting a little nervous. Okay. That's a lie. Today has been rough. I've done most of the grocery shopping for the first bit of recovery. The blender is set up. The ice is in the freezer. And the white board is ready for communication. I've got the Buffy series to re-watch, my Kindle loaded up and the DVR recording. Although I'm sure I'll sleep away the first couple of days.

Ready or not? We'll soon find out...

No comments: