Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Put your money where your mouth is.

For several weeks now I've been in a battle with my insurance company over coverage of my upcoming jaw surgery. Well, I've been in battle. I doubt they've thought much about me. I've been thinking strategy and gathering my forces (fight them with the facts and lots of notes from lots of docs). I think they've got some automated stamping system that marks DISAPPROVED on the envelope before it's even been opened. But...I got a letter today saying that my 'grievance' had been received and they are reviewing my case. I'm slightly hopeful. So, keep your fingers crossed that they decide in my favor and that it's a covered procedure! I forgot to check out how long they have to reply. Hopefully I'll know before the actual surgery.

I also had an appointment with the orthodontist today. This might have been my last adjustment before surgery. I go back in 3 weeks for new x-rays and molds/models to make sure I'm ready. I'm on a time line here people. Let's get this moving. The goal is mid-late July...

No comments: