Wednesday, February 13, 2008

TRUTH

So this morning I went to the grocery store because I had woken up only to remember I had run out of creamer for my tea. I'm in line and this is the exchange I hear:

Customer: Can I also have a pack of Marlboro Lights please?

Clerk: Do you want a box or soft pack?

Customer: (Very deadpan delivery...) It doesn't matter to me. The both have the same amount of death in them.

Clerk and Me: (Laughter)

Customer: (Looking each of us in the eye and also with deadpan delivery...) Clearly neither one of you smokes. (Exit left through automatic door.)

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm gonna comment everytime you post because I. Love. You.

XOXO

Mary

Mel said...

I. love. you. too.

I read your last blog. Is it okay that I cried? Wow. We need to catch up on the phone.